Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Progress!

I'm quite the slow stitcher. I've been stitching for about 10 hours divided over yesterday and today, and I've gotten about 400 stitches done.
I guess (or more like hope) that it's because I'm not used to this big projects, and that I'll get my speed up later on. But sometimes I just get frustrated and it feels like I'm getting nothing done in a lot of time. Do you ever feel that way? What do you do to ease that feeling?

Anyway, I think it's time for a new WIP-pic, looking at the last one I've actually come a long way (not at all talking against what I just wrote). It makes me feel a little better anyway.


As you can see, It's beginning to actually look like something now! And finally I get to do a little more than just blue, and blue, and blue. :)

Since I'm new at this platform, I'd love for you all to share you're blogs with me so I can follow you on your journeys! 

Have a great day/evening/night or whatever it is when you're reading this!

5 comments:

  1. It's really coming along and it's looking great!

    The best tip I have is to do exactly what you're doing, take regular WIP pictures and when you feel like you're getting nowhere, go back a week or a month and it becomes clear how much progress you've made without even realizing it. I'm taking part in WIPocalypse and each month I put last month's picture next to the new one and I'm always amazed at how much I got done even when it felt like I hadn't done much at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you so much, it feels great hearing that from someone else than myself! :)

      I sneaked in on your blog, and that's a really great method, putting them beside eachother, think I'm gonna try that to the next time! And also, you are doing some really awesome stitching over there, keep it up!

      Delete
    2. It's going to be stunningly beautiful when it's done! Just remember, one stitch at a time. Set yourself small goals, like half page, or full page goals. And then row goals.

      Regarding growing your friends list, I have found if you start to follow others blogs and comment on their work, they will follow you back. Also, once a year there is an event called "Grow your blog", which, if you participate, you enter your blog name, and it goes on a list of blogs. It's super easy to find other blogs that you are interested in and for others to follow you.

      I'll let you know when I see advertising for the next grow your blog event, and you can choose to either participate or not.

      Delete
    3. Oh thank you so much! You're like my blogspot-guru! ((:

      Delete
  2. I feel like this sometimes. If a piece has a lot of confetti in it, it will feel like it takes forever to get anywhere. But looking through your blog you should be able to see your stitching progress easier.

    ReplyDelete